My programme of pastoral visits to Rose Croix Chapters in the District of North East Lancashire continued ‘to plan’ into November:
- Verney Clayton Chapter No.261 at Accrington on Wednesday 7th November, when Ill∴Bro Tom Young 30° was Enthroned as Most Wise Sovereign
- St. Peter’s Chapter No.31 at Bolton on Tuesday 13th November, when E&P Bro Ron Gilbey was Perfected as a Prince Rose Croix
- Rochdale St. Chad Chapter No.494 on Tuesday 20th November when E&P Bro Marc Goldsworthy was Enthroned as Most Wise Sovereign
To conclude my Rose Croix month, on Friday 30th November at the meeting of the East Lancashire Chapter No.440 at Manchester Hall I was Enthroned as Most Wise Sovereign, a real honour to be in the Chair of this prestigious Chapter of Past Sovereigns from North East Lancashire and South East Lancashire Districts.
Aside from my Rose Croix duties, I attended some very enjoyable meetings in a number of other Orders:
- Craft: Whalley Arches Lodge on 12th November and the annual meeting of the Provincial Grand Lodge of East Lancashire at King George’s Hall, Blackburn on 15th November
- Holy Royal Arch: Cana Chapter at Colne on 29th November
- Mark: Thomas Sharples Barlow Lodge at Manchester Hall on 5th November
- Knights Templar: Faith Preceptory at Pemberton on 3rd November
- Royal and Select Masters: St. George’s Council at Chorley on 7th November
The social side of the month was particularly enjoyable, with the East Lancashire Allied Masonic Degrees Wardens’ Mess at Middleton on 2nd November, the Mark Fellowship Annual Cabaret evening at the Holiday Inn, Bolton on the 17th November and a trip to the midlands with Sue for the Annual Literary Dinner of Soroptimist International of Stourbridge and District at Hagley Golf and Country Club.